Tender dsc for Association of State Road Transport Undertakings ASRTU
Buy online digital signature for Tender DSC for Association of State Road Transport Undertakings ASRTU get now.
Association of State Road Transport Undertakings (ASRTU) came into existence on 13th August, 1965 to bring together all the State Road Transport Undertakings on a common platform with the aim of pooling their resources and know-how for dealing with various problems faced by them and help them to improve their performance. Association of State Road Transport Undertakings is an apex coordinating body working under the aegis of Ministry of Road Transport & Highways Govt. of India. ASRTU has 62 members collectively operates 150,000 buses and serve 70 million passengers a day and provide efficient, economic, safe and reliable public transport facility in urban, hilly and rural areas across the country.
We are delighted to share with you that ASRTU has completed 50 years of its journey. During these 50 years the bus industry has come a long way to witness the dynamic form in the passenger transport, manufacturing buses, technology, fuel, passenger comfort, safety etc.
- ASRTU has the expertise of 50 years for promoting public transport in the country at present 62 SRTUs are the backbone of mobility for the urban and rural population across the country and collectively operate about 150000 lakh buses and providing gainful employment to 1.0 million people.
- Provides a forum for the exchange of ideas on best practices and dealing with various issues relating to SRTU members and help them to improve their performance.
- A common procurement service through ASRTU Rate Contract is decided by Standing Committee (Supplies & Contracts).
- Facilitates testing of components to ensure quality assurance and training personnel, formulate specifications of various bus spares, besides other general items used for maintenance of bus fleet in SRTUs.
- Exposure to top management of SRTUs at National and International best practices through participation in Conferences/Study tours/workshops.
- Undertake advocacy for public transport issues in general and SRTUs in particular.
- Liaising with various Ministries and other concerned key departments of Government of India and abroad.
- ASRTU motto is to promote public transport at par with the international standard.