Apeda Registration For Basmati Rice & Honey.
The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) was established by the Government of India under the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority Act passed by the Parliament in December 1985. One can also apply Online Apeda Registration For Basmati Rice & Honey.
In accordance with the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority Act, 1985, (2 of 1986) the following functions have been assigned to the Authority.
- Development of industries relating to the scheduled products for export by way of providing financial assistance or otherwise for undertaking surveys and feasibility studies, participation in inquiry capital through joint ventures and other reliefs and subsidy schemes;
- Registration of persons as exporters of the scheduled products on payment of such fees as may be prescribed;
- Fixing of standards and specifications for the scheduled products for the purpose of exports;
- Carrying out the inspection of meat and meat products in slaughterhouses, processing plants, storage premises, conveyances or other places where such products are kept or handled for the purpose of ensuring the quality of such products;
- Improving of packaging of the Scheduled products;
- Improving of marketing of the Scheduled products outside India;
- Promotion of export-oriented production and development of the Scheduled products;
- Collection of statistics from the owners of factories or establishments engaged in the production, processing, packaging, marketing or export of the scheduled products or from such other persons as may be prescribed on any matter relating to the scheduled products and publication of the statistics so collected or of any portions thereof or extracts therefrom;
- Training in various aspects of the industries connected with the scheduled products;
- Such other matters as may be prescribed.
APEDA Registration is mandated with the responsibility of export promotion and development of the following scheduled products:
- Fruits, Vegetables and their Products.
- Meat and Meat Products.
- Poultry and Poultry Products.
- Dairy Products.
- Confectionery, Biscuits and Bakery Products.
- Honey, Jaggery and Sugar Products.
- Cocoa and its products, chocolates of all kinds.
- Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages.
- Cereal and Cereal Products.
- Groundnuts, Peanuts and Walnuts.
- Pickles, Papads and Chutneys.
- Guar Gum.
- Floriculture and Floriculture Products.
- Herbal and Medicinal Plants.
In addition to this, APEDA Registration has been entrusted with the responsibility to monitor import of sugar.
Following documents for Online Apeda registration are required with the application form :
- Self-certified copy of Import-Export code issued by Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT).
- Bank Certificate duly signed by the authorities.
- Cancelled cheque.
- Bank A/c. statement of bank account of firm (for latest 2 months).
Benefits of Online Apeda Registration For Basmati Rice & Honey.
- It is a one-time registration.
- It enables the registered exporter to apply for financial assistance schemes of APEDA.
- It enables registered members to participate in training programmes organized in various aspects of the Industries for scheduled products.
Important points in APEDA Registration To get APEDA registration application shall be made to Agriculture and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA), Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India. Once the application duly filed and paid by the applicant, the authority will issue Registration -Cum- Membership- Certificate (RCMC). The applicant must mention the main line of business at the time of making an application for CMC so that the same can be referred to the relevant commodity board or Export promotion Council relating to that line of business.